.

.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random post: Life of a Fangirl



A fan, sometimes also called aficionado or supporter, is a person who is enthusiastically devoted to something, such as a band, a sports team or entertainer. Collectively, fans of a particular thing or person constitute its fanbase or fandom. They may show their enthusiasm by being members of a fan club, holding fan conventions, creating fanzines, writing fan mail, or by promoting the object of their interest and attention.

A fangirl is a female member of a fandom community (counterpart to the masculine "fanboy"). Fangirls may be more devoted to emotional and romantic aspects of their fandom, especially (relation-)shipping. However, it is commonly used in a derogatory sense to denote a girl's obsession with something, most commonly a male teen idol or an aspect of Japanese pop culture.

(Source: Wikipedia)



You might be wondering how come all of a sudden I’m posting this here today. Well, I’ve been thinking a lot lately about the situation where I am in right now. I actually never thought I’d become one. With the lifestyle I have, the very least thing I would do is to follow the activities of someone whom I haven’t met personally. But like they always say, expect the unexpected. And I believe I’m not alone. ^^ To be honest, it’s not easy to be a fangirl. You need to devote your time, money, patience, and a lot of understanding. You need to make sure you are responsible for your actions, you need to have discipline too. Sometimes I’m being asked by other people ‘What do you get out from it?’ I have heard about some scary things and harsh reactions towards describing a fangirl. Many people view fangirling as something bad. Of course nothing is good in extreme amounts. In my opinion, it depends on how one acts. Those nodding their head while reading this part only means you agree with me. Anyone who can say 'Oh, that is so just like me' on my statements below makes you a fangirl too. To help out other people learn what it’s like, let me give you some ideas about a fangirl since I am one. There are pros and cons.

Pros

  • You suddenly find yourself smiling or laughing just by thinking a funny moment you’ve watched about them.
  • You get to gain more friends, whether it’s within your country or overseas.
  • You became more social and ready to share your experiences and encounters with your idols.
  • An added inspiration in your daily life.
  • Gives you motivation in learning other language.



Cons
  • Most of the time you’re in front of your computer searching about what’s new about your idol.
  •  Finding yourself running out of money for buying albums and collections.
  • Other people thinks your crazy and weird liking a song that you totally do not understand.
  • Some people who's out of line tries to grab their biases just to get close to them. Others try to say something rude to anyone whom their idol is acquainted with. 
  Remember, our idols are humans too. They can get hurt, they make mistakes, they have their own private lives which we need to respect. We can admire them from afar. Couldn't think of any additional, but if ever I do, I'll update this post. The only thing that I would like to send my message out to is... Fangirling is not that bad. So if you find yourself becoming one, don't be afraid. Just make sure that you are still in the borderline and won't do anything stupid which will make it bad. Remember that you are not alone. There are others out there just like you. ^^

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you.as for me, i became matured in the sense that i fully came to understand that not all people can always deal and agree with what i love. I cannot always defend them when i know that they are sometimes wrong too. And i'm not to please the people around me so i don't have to whine and fight with people when they say something negative about 501.I learned to be calm and accept the fact they aren't perfect (but i still love them!) ^_^ SS501 대박! (I didn't know this would be long =>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i guess that's an attitude of a true Triple S! ^^ We are always calm. ^^

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails